Friday, January 29, 2010

Rep. Perlmutter’s Statement on President Obama’s First State of the Union

Washington, DC – Today, U.S. Rep. Ed Perlmutter released the following statement after President Obama’s State of the Union speech:

“I am encouraged President Obama’s first State of the Union focused on the type of kitchen table issues I have been working on since I took office - small business growth, economic policies to help the hard working people in the middle and getting our budget in order.



“Right now people in the middle are hurting. Too many hard working Americans are worried about their jobs, the rising costs of college and health care, and their small businesses. This is what I hear when I walk precincts or talk to constituents at my Government in the Groceries.

“Our country is at a crossroads and we face many challenges. We can look forward to a brighter future, but we must act now.

“As the economy begins to turn around we need to increase job growth and decrease the debt. We also need to reform Wall Street so we can recoup taxpayer’s money, prevent another financial crisis and get banks lending again to Main Street. I urge the Senate to quickly move forward with the Wall Street reform legislation the House has already passed.

“I will continue to fight for common sense budget solutions investing in job creation, small business and strengthening the middle-class. We face serious problems but I am confident if we work together we will move this country forward.”

No comments:

Post a Comment