Friday, September 16, 2011

I-270 Bridge Deck Rehabilitation Project September 15, 2011

On Friday, September 23, 2011, the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) will begin a bridge deck rehabilitation project on I-270 between York Street and Dahlia Street in order to improve the safety and roadway condition of I-270. The work consists of rotomilling the existing asphalt, removing and replacing deteriorated concrete, paving, and striping. In all, the project will rehabilitate six bridge decks on I-270 including:

· Eastbound and Westbound I-270 over Dahlia Street

· Eastbound I-270 over the Burlington Ditch, which is between York Street State Highway 265 (Brighton Road)

· Eastbound I-270 over the Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad

· Eastbound I-270 over the South Platte River, which is near York Street

· Eastbound I-270 over State Highway 265

Structures, Inc. is the contractor for this $1.5 million project scheduled to be complete by the end of end of November 2011.

Traffic Impacts

To complete the work, there will be full closures of eastbound I-270 between York Street and Vasquez Boulevard for approximately six weekends as well as single lane closures during the week nights. All work is weather permitting.

· The first weekend closure will begin at 11 p.m. on Friday, September 23, 2011 and continue until 5 a.m. on Monday, September 26, 2011. During this time, all lanes of eastbound I-270 between York Street and Vasquez Boulevard will be closed. Detour routes will be provided, but all eastbound I-270 traffic will be encouraged to take I-25 to I-70 rather than I-270. Additional weekend closures will take place consecutively through late October/early November 2011, weather permitting.

· Night work will begin on Tuesday, September 27, 2011 on eastbound and westbound I-270 over Dahlia Street. Single lane closures are possible each night from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m., Tuesday through Thursday.

· To complete the paving and waterproofing of the I-270 bridge decks over Dahlia Street, single lane closures are possible over the weekends. More lane closure information will be released as the project progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment